Thursday, December 02, 2004

Did you know. . . ?

When we were looking at Andy's symphony photos it seemed like one of his eyes was not centered. We both thought the same thing without saying it--and then sometimes when I was looking at him both of his eyes seem to be not centered. Yesterday he saw the opthamologist for his yearly eye checkup and so I asked him about it. He always looks at his eyes carefully through the slit lamp to see if there is any problems anyway, but now he was also looking at the muscles in his eyes.

Well- I wasn't going crazy, but it is something I never heard of--there is even a pamphlet about it--so it is fairly common-- pseudostrabismus. The eyes appear to be crossed or deviate in but are actually straight. It is common in children with certain facial structures. Although I hadn't noticed it before, it really isn't anything at all--but I wasn't imagining it, either!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home